DECEMBER 21, 2014
HOW IT WORKS:
BE UGLY. GRANT WISHES
1. Wear your Ugly Christmas Sweater.
2. Get your official UCSD button.
3. Register your fund-raising team online.
4. Pledge & collect donations.
5. Grant the wishes of children with
NOW THAT'S UGLY SOCIETY PRESENTS
THE ORIGINAL UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER DAY
Est. 2002 VANCOUVER
Ugly Christmas Sweater Day is the hottest holiday giving trend on the planet and it originated in our living room years back. It’s official. We, the Ugly Sweater Guys and our That’s Ugly Society Team announce that Friday, December 21st (the 3rd Friday of every December) is proclaimed as Ugly Christmas Sweater Day (UCSD for short). Now That's Ugly Society has been presented with official Ugly Christmas Sweater Day proclamation documents from the Mayors of Vancouver, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam, and the Mayor of Coquitlam has cheerfully committed to celebrate with us. UCSD is the most fun you can have with your knitwear on and this special day has no borders nor is it confined to any particular group or geographic location. This iconic, internationally recognized occasion invites you, the spirited individual, organizations, offices, teams, clubs, schools and families to join in the 'Be Ugly. Grant Wishes' movement and multi-initiative holiday campaign.
With proceeds supporting The Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada you can feel warm and fuzzy in your Ugly Christmas Sweater when you purchase a $5 UCSD button, which helps grant the wishes of children living with life threatening illnesses. To get involved and become a UCSD 'Spirit Champion' we just have one simple request: wear your Ugly Christmas Sweater, your UCSD button, be ugly, do good deeds, connect with those that matter, give back to those less fortunate, reconnect with someone you were once close to, and be kind to everyone you encounter, all in good fashion.
Established in 1984, the Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada is a national not for profit organization dedicated to fulfilling a favourite wish for children between the ages of 3 and 17 diagnosed with a life threatening illness. The first wish ever granted by Children’s Wish was a meeting with Mr. T in 1984. Since it’s inception, Children’s Wish has granted more than 20,000 wishes for children and their families and fulfills approximately 1,000 wishes annually granting nearly three wishes every day, each being an individual adventure, carefully structured to meet the needs of that particular child. Each wish is as unique as the child who makes it. The average cost of a wish is $10,000. The Children’s Wish Foundation has never denied a wish to an eligible child and they have over 1,800 whose wish is yet to be granted and expect another 1,200 new children with a life threatening illness to come through their doors next year. Wear your Ugly Christmas Sweater and UCSD Button.
1. First, get certified ugly with one of our Ugly Christmas Sweaters here in our online shop.
2. Then, get your official Ugly Christmas Sweater Day button at one of our participating partner locations or order your buttons in bulk for your office, team, school, friends, or family on our ‘buttons’ page.
3. Next, join or start a fundraising team on our interactive fundraising page. Click here to register your fundraising team.
4. Raise pledges and collect donations by sharing through your social networks on Facebook and Twitter. Access our internal communications platform to collect pledges that directly support children living with life threatening illnesses.
5. Grant the wishes of Canadian children living with life threatening illnesses. All the funds you raise online are donated directly to The Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada complete with issued tax receipts for your donors.
HOW IT WORKS
HOW TO GET READY FOR:
of deserving children with
Ugly Christmas Sweater™ and Ugly Christmas Sweater Party™ are trademarks of Big Knits. ALL content © Big Knits Inc. 2013.
visit our website for a list of places to get your button
on our website
GET ON IT BRO
VIEW OUR SITE
& SHARE ON
WITH FRIENDS, COLLEAGUES, & CLASSMATES
SPREAD HOLIDAY CHEER FAR &
UNTIL UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER DAY
DECEMBER 20, 2013
The sweateriest bash of the season is on Friday, December 21th at the Commodore Ballroom. You need your sweater, official UCSD button and tickets. Be there for the season's biggest party, it's the most fun you can have with your knitwear on.
Join us in Coquitlam or Toronto for the inaugural Ugly Sweater Run Canada 5k. First, you need to register for the run. Then you can join or create a fundraising team online, access our internal communication platform to collect pledges and of course prance to the finish line.
The Ugly Christmas Sweater is an icon to Be Ugly and Grant Wishes. Pick up your official button at our Spirit Champion partner locations or order buttons in bulk for your office, team, school, friends or family. Wear it and feel good doing it.
Get certified ugly in our online shop. Give an unexpected gift. We've partnered with North America's biggest Ugly Christmas Sweater vendors to provide you with the greatest selection of knitted holiday gems in one place. Celebrate the holidays in good fashion.
NOW THAT'S UGLY BLOG